April is child abuse awareness month. Displayed at the Lake County Courthouse are the hands colored by the children. Haven will also be planting our child abuse prevention pinwheel garden at our administration office on April 8th.
Every child deserves a safe and loving home!! Stop the abuse!
To make a donation, please call 352-787-5889
Help is available…
Haven offers 24-hour crisis intervention and
emergency shelter for domestic and sexual violence
victims and their minor children.
If you are in an abusive relationship call…
HAVEN DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE 352-753-5800
If you are a victim of sexual assault, call…
HAVEN SEXUAL ASSAULT HOTLINE 352-787-1379
ALL Haven services are provided FREE of charge.
Domestic violence, or battering is a pattern of abusive behaviors that some individuals use to control their intimate partners. Battering can include physical, sexual and emotional abuse, and other controlling actions. The following questions may help you decide if you are being abused.
Does your partner ever…
- Hit, kick, push or injure you in any way?
- Use, or threaten to use, weapons/objects against you?
- Force or coerce you to engage in unwanted sex/sexual acts?
- Control what you do and who you see in a way that interferes with your work, education, or other activities?
- Steal or destroy your belongings?
- Constantly criticize you, call you names, or put you down? Make you feel afraid?
- Threaten to hurt you or others? Threaten to disclose private, personal information about you?
- Deny your basic needs; such as food, clothing, housing, or medical assistance?
If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions,
it may be time to think about your Safety
Haven also provides support and resources for domestic and sexual violence victims though:
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Assistance in filing for victim compensation
- Courtroom advocacy & legal assistance
- Counseling for violence-exposed children
- Positive parenting for parents & caregivers
- Interpretive Language Services
- Teen Dating Violence Program